Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Playdough from Mary's House

Because we've given up cooking for Lent or something.... I just poached this recipe right off Mary P's website and didn't even tell her I was taking it. But we made this at our house recently and I've never seen a little boy have so much fun with a garlic press, 3 plastic Easter eggs, a toy baby deer, a Hot Wheels car & a plastic fork.

Mix together in a bowl

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons alum

In a pot, heat to boiling:

2 cups water (cookbook says 1.5 cups)
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon oil
food colouring

Stir liquids into dry ingredients. Knead until smooth. Store in airtight container.

1 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 6:21 AM, Blogger Me said...

I made this ALL the time for my kiddos too.

Don't forget you can add oils to make it smell scented for even more fun. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home