Thursday, January 05, 2006

Turkey Burgers!

I know this seems too easy to be good. Believe me, it's both. You may be tempted to leave out the garlic or the tabasco sauce... don't. Both are small amounts and both add just the right touch to the overall flavor.

Meritt's Turkey Burgers

1 1/2 lb. good quality ground turkey
1/4 c bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced

1 t hot sauce (Tabasco)
Black pepper


Make into patties and cook over medium heat in oil for 5 minute per side till done. Serve on buns with lettuce and ketchup.

4 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Purring said...

Have to admit to being cautious. Not a big fan of the ground turkey thing. Is there a particular brand that's better than others?

 
At 1/09/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Me said...

Dena posted on my blog yesterday they were awesome! :)

As for brand, I'd just buy the kind you can 'see' through the clear cover, I wouldn't buy in the bulk wrapped. Any 'big' brand name should be fine! I've used Butterball in the past, but I don't remember the name of the others.

 
At 1/11/2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

Thanks for leaving a comment.

Though now I am slightly confused... Do you have another blog that you don't link to your profile any longer, because I think I have visited you there before.

Anyway, happy de-lurking week :-)

 
At 1/12/2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Me said...

Chris... thank you! YES you are right and I never noticed that my NORMAL BLOG isn't listed under my profile. I will change that now. Thanks for giving me a heads up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home