Monday, July 18, 2005

Somthin' for the grill (wings)

My DH's family begs for my garlic wings, so I thought that I would share them for this segment of...Smorgasbord Sunday. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

One pack of wings - remove tips
1 C of soy sauce
2 heaping tblsp of crushed or chopped garlic (I use the jarred stuff, so go ahead and cheat if you want)
1tblsp of sugar or splenda
1/2 a lime (juice)
2 pinches of hot red pepper flakes or powder (optional)
pepper to taste (no salt unless you use the low sodium soy sauce)

Since I want to make sure all the wings soak up the marinade, I use a 9x12 baking pan. Place wings in pan, add all ingredients and stir up to coat wings. Flatten out wings so that they are all soaking up the yummy marinade for about 15 minutes (turn once in a while).

Place on grill and cook as you usually would (with or without foil). Baste occasionally with the marinade till done...Enjoy!

TIP: I have cooked these in the oven also. You can use any part of the chicken you want. I have found that the thighs really soak up the merinade the best.

5 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Me said...

Mmmm these sound yummy. We love wings in this CoffeeHaus!

 
At 7/18/2005 7:46 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

This sounds wonderful! Sounds like a good Halloween meal to keep the vampires at bay!

 
At 7/18/2005 8:17 PM, Blogger KGrams said...

I think I need more help with this recipe, maybe I should stop by and watch you make it. I'll be happy to help eat them for you. hehehe

 
At 7/19/2005 6:50 AM, Blogger Tina M said...

You guys are all just too funny!
You will notice that in most of my posts will include garlic. I just love it. It has a really sweet flavor when cooked.

P.S. KGrams, I would never ask you to do something like having to eat at my house. The torture of my DH and teenager just may be too much for you! LOL

 
At 7/19/2005 4:09 PM, Blogger KGrams said...

EA - Torture me please, make me eat food cooked by someone other than myself or that I have to pay for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home