Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

As I was looking at this I realized I almost never follow the directions so feel free to adapt this recipe to your personal style. I usually add a lot of veggies & serve it over rice.... sometimes I make it with beef or elk meat too. Go figure. The applicable Redneck Rule of Cooking that applies here is: Can you ever go wrong with cream cheese & ranch dressing mix?

Cream Cheese Chicken

:4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup melted butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 packets dry Ranch or Italian Dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 chopped onion

Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a Crock Pot and sprinkle 1 packet dry mix over all. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. About 45 minutes before done, brown onion in 1/4 cup of juices from Crock Pot. Add soup, second packet of dry dressing mix, cream cheese and chicken broth. Cook until smooth. Pour over the chicken and cover and cook another 45 minutes. Serve with sauce. Goes great with rice, stuffing, pasta or mashed potatoes! Add in broccoli or other veggies for variety.

2 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 12:59 PM, Blogger Me said...

I make this too!!!!! We love it.

 
At 11/09/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Me said...

OK... This got me hankerin' for some Cream Cheese Chicken so we are having it tonight for dinner.

Since I just made my version of the recipe I thought I'd post while it was fresh in my mind.

I use:

4-6 breasts
2 T butter
1 package dry Italian Dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c water with 1 bouillon cube
1 large onion, chopped
2 t garlic, minced
salt and pepper

Everything else is about the same... I put the chicken breast on the plate and spoon sauce over, then serve with veggies on the side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home