Sunday, September 18, 2005

Chicken & Cashew Stir-fry

TODAYS THEME: September 18th - Great Recipe, but yours didn't turn out

This is an actual recipe out of my favorite chicken cookbook. I don't know what I did, but I totally screwed it up! The chicken turned into a gooey lump.My best guess would be that my pan wasn't hot enough and I had too much batter on the chicken. One of these days I will get up enough nerve to try it again! :) It's a very easy recipe to follow. My sil made it and it turned out just fine. Apparently it was only me. Hey, so what else is new??????

Oil for cooking
1 1/2 lbs chicken - cut into strips
2 egg whites -lightly beaten
1/2 C. cornflour
2 onions - thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper - sliced thin strips
1/2 lb broccoli - chopped into bite sized pieces
4 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/3 C. cashews
4 green onions - diagonally sliced

Heat skillet until very hot, add 1 tbsp of oil & coat pan. Dip a quarter of the chicken strips into the egg white and then into the cornflour. Add to skillet cooking for 3-5 minutes or till goldenbrown. Drain on papertowles and repeat with the remaining chicken reheating the skillet and adding more oil each time.

Reheat skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil. Stirfry the bell pepper, broccoli & onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until vegies have slightly softened. Increase heat to high and add soy sauce & oyster sauce. Toss vegetables well in sauces. Bring to boil.

Return chicken to skillet and toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes to heat the chicken and make sure it's entirely cooked through. Season well with salt & pepper. Toss in cashews andd spring onion. Serve immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home