Sunday, July 24, 2005

Is It Really Better Than Sex.......Cake?????

I got this one from Paula Dean on food TV. I sooo love that channel!
Can you believe my title??? That's really the name of the cake!! No one ever believes me, but it truly is! I know, I know, you want to know if it is or not! Let me tell ya, even without chocolate, it's pretty close!!

1 yellow pudding in the mix cake mix (prepare as directed)
1 can crushed pineapple (drained ~ drink the juice, you don't need to reserve it)
2 TBLS sugar
1 box instant vanilla pudding (prepare as directed)
1 tub coolwhip
handful of coconut (optional)

  1. bake the cake
  2. while cake is baking, mix sugar & pineapple in a saucepan and heat to a simmer till sugar melts
  3. when cake is done, use a fork and poke holes all over it. Pour and spread pineapple mixture on top.
  4. place into fridge to cool completely
  5. while cake is cooling, make pudding
  6. after cake is COMPLETELY cooled, spread on pudding
  7. spred on coolwhip topping
  8. sprinkle on coconut (you can toast coconut if you want)

(store in fridge)

ENJOY!!!!!! There are never any left overs when I take this to a party. Plus, the name of the cake makes for great conversation !

4 Comments:

At 7/24/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Mmm, this is a great summer dessert.

Did the "drink the juice" direction come from you or Paula? :)

 
At 7/24/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Tina M said...

Crayonz:
Paula never said what to do with the juice, but I can't resist pineapple juice. It's my fav!!

Mrtl:
seriously, you have to try it. It's really rich, but it melts in your mouth. OMG it's soooo good.

 
At 7/25/2005 5:13 AM, Blogger Me said...

Confusing... but there are actually at least 3 versions of Better Than Sex Cake that I know of. One of them has a lot of CHOCOLATE in it. This version sounds rather 'summery' which is nice for these hot days.

 
At 7/25/2005 7:47 AM, Blogger Tina M said...

Chocolate???? In a really whinny voice ~I want chocolate!!!!
You better share the receipe or else!! Remember what I told Doodlebug about her Dr., I watched the Sopranos and I know a few things! BRWHAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home