Sunday, August 21, 2005

Country Fried Steak and Gravy

I know it's not one of the healthiest of meals out there, but add some mashed potatoes and I'm in dinner heaven.

COUNTRY FRIED STEAK AND GRAVY

INGREDIENTS:
1 Boneless Round Steak
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder
Flour
Milk
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Flour
About 2 Cups Milk or Water

DIRECTIONS:
Pound steak to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into serving size pieces. Sprinkle with seasonings and dredge in flour, dip in milk and then dredge in flour again. In a large skillet, brown steaks in hot oil. Remove, drain on paper towels and set aside.

Pour off all but about 3 tbs of pan drippings, add the 1/4 cup flour and cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly. Add milk and cook until thickened. Stirring constantly. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Add steak to gravy, cover and reduce heat. Simmer about 30 minutes, remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.

Cooks Note: I always double the gravy!

3 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 6:11 PM, Blogger Me said...

YUM! I love this.
What do you mean it may not be the healthiest? LOL.

It's better than, say; M&M's and chocolate milk for dinner right?

 
At 8/22/2005 6:35 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Yippee. I am a cooking fanatic, but I have two teens and a baby so I don't always have a lot of time. Love to cook + no time = some really good, quick, easy recipes. I'd LOVE to join the smorgasbord and share what I've got... Let me in! Let me in!

 
At 8/22/2005 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sounds great! I'll be making it soon, GREAT SITE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home