Sunday, August 21, 2005

Food for thought.......

I had to name this post "food for thought" because I totally taxed my tiny brain trying to think of what to post! How could KGrams do this to me? You can't just tell me to post any old thing and have me running around thinking all willy-nilly! I'm a follower, not a leader, you have to give me something to work with here!

Well, after using up many needed brain cells, I decided to post a couple of easy side dishes. My thoughts were that I always wish I had more side dish recipes, so maybe other people do too. Hope you like them.

Easy Green Beans ~everyone likes green beans. I just doll them up a little so their not so plain.
2 cans of green beans (don't drain)
1 can kidney beans (don't drain)
1 small onion (chopped)
2 Tblsp. "real" bacon bits ( no fair using fake bacon bits ~ I buy the real ones in the jar)
salt & pepper to taste

Okay, here comes the really hard part.........throw everything into a sauce pan and simmer till the onion is cooked through. Whew! Man that was a tough one! ;) My guys love these and sometimes if it's just me eating, I throw in a couple of new potatoes and just make it a meal.


asparagus
1 bunch of asparagus (cut off the woody ends)
1/2 a red bell pepper (finely chopped)
one clove of garlic (finely chopped)
1 Tblsp. olive oil
salt & pepper

Heat skillet & oil, start browning the garlic. Throw in the bell pepper & asparagus. Saute for about 2 minutes. Plate & toss with a little salt & pepper
Wow, this was tough, good thing I have a theme to work with next week, I couldn't do this twice in a row!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home