Friday, September 23, 2005

Cherry Nut Bread

I tried this recipe as wrote - and didn't like it. It was dry and didn't have much flavor. Still, by looking at the recipe it doesn't 'look' like a bad recipe. So maybe it's ok but it didn't work for me!

Cherry Nut Bread

2 1/2 c flour
1 c chopped nuts
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c shortening
1 c buttermilk
1/4 c maraschino cherry juice
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 c maraschino cherries, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom only of a loaf pan. Beat all ingredients except cherries together on low for 15 seconds and medium for 30 seconds. Stir in cherries. Pour into pan. Bake 70-75 minutes. Loosen sides. Remove from pan to cool. Wrap and refrigerate over night before slicing.


*My thoughts; even with the buttermilk, I think it probably needs a higher amount of fat, so I think the 1/4 shortening is probably not enough. I also think another 1/2 c sugar should be in order. But... I've never 're' attempted this recipe so I'll just never know will I? LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home