Sunday, July 24, 2005

Banana Split Cake

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Stick of Butter or Margarine
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
2 Sticks of Butter or Margarine
2 Eggs
1 Large Can Crushed Pineapple (Drained)
2 Bananas (Sliced)
Cool Whip
Chopped Pecans (optional)
Cherries or Strawberries (optional)


DIRECTIONS:
MELT 1 STICK OF BUTTER AND POUR OVER GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS. MIX WELL AND PAT DOWN IN BOTTOM OF 9X13 PAN.

IN A LARGE BOWL, COMBINE SUGAR, 2 STICKS OF BUTTER AND EGGS - MIX FOR 5 MINUTES.

SPREAD ON TOP OF CRUST. TOP WITH DRAINED PINEAPPLE. THEN TOP WITH SLICED BANANAS.

SPREAD WITH 1 CONTAINER OF COOL WHIP. ADD NUTS AND CHERRIES OR STRAWBERRIES IF DESIRED.

6 Comments:

At 7/24/2005 2:30 PM, Blogger Tina M said...

Are ya bringin this over tomorrow for dessert? Would ya, could ya???
Oh, I guess I ought to invite you to dinner. Wanna come tomorrow?

 
At 7/25/2005 6:39 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

That sounds wounderful. I'm stealing it!!!

 
At 7/25/2005 8:51 PM, Blogger KGrams said...

teh - steal away honey.

FYI... I did not take this to EA's house for dinner as requested. Instead, as EA's bday is this week, I had Mom, EA, EA's DH and their Teenager over for an early bday dinner and I did served this as her bday dessert.

 
At 7/27/2005 8:45 AM, Blogger Tina M said...

This cake was so frigin' good!!!!

Hey, anybody know a good cardiologist???????

 
At 7/29/2005 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I missed something, but do you actually bake this? It sounds kinda good, but I'm having a hard time getting past the raw egg idea . . .

 
At 7/29/2005 10:14 PM, Blogger KGrams said...

Sharkey,
No, you do not bake it. I had a hard time with the whole egg thing too, luckily I ate it and loved it before I knew how to make it. Just keep it refrigerated and it will be fine. I promise all the sugar and butter totally mask the eggs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home